Are you interested in a solid source of passive income and cashflow from your cryptocurrencies? Are you working on improving your return on investment (ROI)? Would you like to earn up to 13.07% on your stablecoins and 15.01% on cryptos?
If you replied yes to any of these questions, this article is for you. In this YouHodler review, I’ll provide you with a comprehensive review of YouHodler which offers one of the most competitive crypto earning rates along some exciting unique features.
- Related: Complete Midas Investments Review, Is Midas a Legit Crypto Platform?
- Related: Best Crypto Stablecoins Savings Accounts, Compare Stablecoins Interest Rates
What Is YouHodler & a Brief History
YouHodler platform is focused on lending and high yield crypto savings account. The company was founded in 2018 by Ilya Volkov who is also a board member of the Crypto Valley Association.
The company is based in EU and Switzerland with an active membership in the Blockchain Association Financial Commission and the Crypto Valley Association. It has two main offices which are located in Limassol, Cyprus and Lausanne, Switzerland.
YouHodler team combines the wisdom and practices from the world of traditional finance with the start-up spirit of the digital industry.
As of April 2022, the company has around 180K active users with an average $12,263 balance. The average total portfolio profitability (APR) is 10.17%.
How to Join YouHodler Platform
- Go to YouHodler and click GET STARTED
- Enter your personal information and complete the KYC verification process
- Deposit fiat or cryptocurrencies and start earning instantly
YouHodler Platform In a Nutshell
|Offered Products||Savings Account, Exchange, Crypto Loans, Multi HODL, Turbocharge|
|Regulation||Licensed in Switzerland (Pawnbroker authorization)|
|Supported Cryptos||USDT, USDC, TUSD, DAI, BUSD, HUSD, BTC, EURS, ETH, LINK, UNI, COMP, MKR, SUSHI, YFI, SNX, OMG, PAXG, DOGE, LTC, XRP, XLM, ZRX, BNT, BNB, ADA, DASH, TRX, EOS, BCH, AAVE, DOT, HT, XTZ, BAT, USDP, REP, AVAX, BTT, 1INCH, FTT, NEAR, ZIL, EGLD, CAKE, FIL, ATOM, SRM, FTM, MANA, SAND, AXS, ILV, GALA, APE, GMT, SOL|
|Minimum Deposit||Fiat bank wire 100 for USD/EUR/CHF/GBP, Minimum equivalent to $100 in each crypto to start earning|
|Interest Rates||Variable. Highest APY is 15.01% for DOT|
|Fiat Support||Yes. Bank Wire (EUR, USD, GBP, CHF) or AdvCash deposit (Bank card, AdvCash wallet)|
|Deposit Fees||Yes for USD or GBP Swift and AdvCash. No for crypto deposits|
|Withdrawal Fees||Variable for fiat and crypto withdrawals|
|Supported Chains||BTC, ERC20, BEP2, BEP20 (BSC), OMNI, Polkadot, XTZ|
|Insurance||Ledger vault’s crime insurance up to $150M by Arch UK Lloyds of London|
|Security||Infra on AWS, Uses Fireblocks’ multi-party computation, 3FA|
|Platforms||Browser web app, iPhone app, Android app (All very easy to use)|
|Customer Support||Email via email@example.com, Live chat, Telegram|
|Signup||KYC is required. Not available for US or China residents.|
What Are YouHodler Pros
- Very simple platform and apps to navigate through, use, and earn from
- Competitive yield and a good list of cryptos to earn from
- Trustworthy, fully compliance, and regulated in Switzerland
- Instant loans and smooth withdrawals to bank accounts
- Higher interest rates in comparison with other CeFi like Nexo, Crypto.com
- A dedicated digital asset management system with $150M insurance
- Transparent team, 24/7 customer support, and promo events to win prizes
What Are YouHodler Cons
- Not available in the US or China
- $100 minimum for each crypto in the savings account to start earning
- High fiat withdrawal and fund conversion fees
- Without using the loan or exchange, the default max earn is capped at $25K
- Insurance is only $150M and doesn’t cover bankruptcy
What Does YouHodler Offer (How to Make Money From Crypto)
- Flexible high yield crypto savings account with competitive rates
- Crypto Loans with 90% LTV (Loan to Value)
- Multi HODL to boost the savings while keeping the daily interest
- Turbocharge to borrow and earn more crypto
- Exchange to swap between cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, and fiat
- Tokens (NFT) as Collateral for an instant loan with LTV up to 90%
- Blog to get updates and learn about crypto which is accessible to all
The company offers three main products which are the Crypto Savings Account, Exchange, and Crypto Loans.
You can join by signing up with YouHodler, complete the KYC (Know Your Customer) verification, and deposit your fiat or crypto to start earning some high interest rates.
By using the crypto savings account, investors convert their cold assets to profits which gets paid weekly. These earnings can then be compounded or withdrawn easily.
YouHodler also offers some unique features when it comes to crypto loans. These features are Multi HODL, Turbocharge, and using NFTs as collateral.
YouHodler Crypto Savings Account & Interest Rates
Current YouHodler interest rates can be found here. YouHodler offers some of the best rates in the market but has its own limitations. The main limitation is the Dynamic Limit (DL) which is the max amount (cap) to earn interest on. The default DL is $25K.
YouHodler Crypto Savings Account Rules:
- Deposited funds need to be moved from Trade to Savings account to start earning
- To earn interest, users need to sign a savings agreement in their account
- Min deposit to start earning is $100 USD per coin while the max is the user’s DL
- Max DL limit is $300K USD which gets reset to the base DL after each payout
- Payments are paid every 7 days which is the settlement period
- DL can be increased by utilizing Multi HODL, Loans, Turbocharge, or the Exchange
- YouHodler takes a snapshot of the wallets every 4 hours to get the average balance of each wallet weekly for the calculation of the interest payout
- Interest is paid on any collateral funds used in Multi HODL
|Crypto Asset||Interest Rate (APR)|
|USDC, TUSD, HUSD, DAI, EURS, USDP||12%|
|UNI, SUSHI, LTC, TRX, CAKE, SOL||7%|
|ETH, LINK, PAXG, XRP, XLM, BNB, ADA, EOS, BCH||6.5%|
|SNX, BNT, AAVE||6%|
|DASH, 1INCH, ZIL, EGLD||5.5%|
|OMG, DOGE, HT, BAT, SRM, MANA, SAND, ILV, GALA, GMT||3%|
|COMP, MKR, REP||2.5%|
The concept of YouHodler Crypto Interest Account is very simple. It lets you earn up to 15.01% APY interest on your cryptocurrencies.
As shown above, the platform offers different crypto earning interest rates which vary based on the asset and the user’s dynamic limit (DL). DL can be increased based on the user’s activity on the platform via below methods.
- Multi HODL: Open or close a deal. The DL limit will increase by the collateral multiplied by the leverage when opening or closing a trade. When closing with a profit, the limit will additionally increase by the profit on the deal.
- Loans: Borrow any amount. The limit will increase by the collateral and its value at the time of opening or closing the loan in USD.
- Turbocharge: Increase your position by using Turbocharge. DL will increase by the total value of the position in USD and is impacted by the total value at the time of opening and closing a position.
- Exchange: Swap your cryptos. DL will increase by the value of the swapped amount in USD.
Note: After each payment, the DL will reset to the default level (currently $25K) and can be increased once again based on the mentioned above actions in the platform.
YouHodler Fiat & Crypto Exchange
Investors can swap their funds between the supported cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, and fiat in the platform.
- The minimum crypto to fiat and fiat to crypto transaction amount is 30 USD or the equivalent in one of the supported currencies EUR, CHF, or GBP.
- The conversion time is instant for anything except crypto to crypto or crypto to stablecoin which can take 5-30 minutes.
- Use this calculator for the current fees which can be anywhere between 0.2% to 2%.
Note: Based on my experience, the conversion fees can be high. Converting 1 BTC to EUR costs 0.002 BTC in conversion fees plus the spread.
YouHodler Crypto Loans
YouHodler provides the users with an option to get a crypto backed loan easily. In return, the user instantly receives an agreed upon loan amount in USD, EUR, GBP, CHF, BTC or Stablecoins. Here are the default loan deals:
- LTV 90% for 30 days
- LTV 70% for 60 days
- LTV 50% for 180 days
Higher LTV requires less crypto collateral. For instance, a 50% LTV requires depositing double the loan amount as the collateral.
After repaying the loan which can be done by a credit card, crypto, fiat on the platform, or bank transfer, the user gets their collateral back, even if it has increased in value. Below is what might be used as a collateral for getting a loan from YouHodler.
The company can sell the collateral when its value decreases below a certain level defined as “Margin Call Level” or “Price Down Limit (DPL)“.
When the collateral value drops below the PDL level, YouHodler sells the users’ collateral and closes the deal. As always, know your risks and make a calculated deal without emotions.
Loan has many rules and I highly recommend going through its documentations to know the rules including how to increase your LTV or extend your DPL. Here are some YouHodler loans facts and fees:
- Min loan amount is $100 USD
- Loan interest fee is between 2% and 8%
- Close now fee is 1% from the overdraft amount
- Reopen costs interest fee + 1% service fee (from the borrowed amount)
- Extend PDL costs 1.5% from the additional collateral
- Increase LTV fee is 1.5% from the increased amount
YouHodler Crypto Multi HODL
Multi HODL is a unique feature which allows users to leverage part of their portfolio to potentially extract profit from market volatility in both directions (Long or Short) by initiating an automated chain of loans using their owned cryptos.
Multi HODL consists of 2 to 50 loans which can be controlled by the user via the Multiplier level. This means a user can take a loan with their crypto as a collateral, purchase crypto, and repeat this process up to 50 times.
In the case of the price growth, the value of the coin will multiply and the profit will go in the user’s account. However, if the price declines, the user will get the initial deposit back minus the factual loss. Here is good video that explains Multi HODL and Turbocharge.
Multi HODL includes a Rollover fee which is the main trading fee that a user pays for every fixed period of time. There is no order placements or profit share fees in Multi HODL.
Here is the simplified process of how Multi HODL can make you lose money easily:
- User chooses a currency pair and decides on if they expect the price to go up or down
- User chooses the source of the deposits and the amount to allocate to Multi HODL
- User chooses the “Multiplier” level to define the chain of loans number
- The higher the multiplier the tighter the margin call is
- User defines when they want to take a profit
- User defines the maximum potential loss they are willing to take
- User accepts the terms and starts the “gamble“
Do I recommend Multi HODL? It is a high risk strategy which can lead to some unexpected results but can be considered after extensive research and due diligence.
To learn more about the fees please refer to Multi HODL Fees & Commissions.
YouHodler Crypto Turbocharge
Turbocharge is based on the “cascade of loans” principle which allows users to get a chain of loans using an initial amount of collateral and ultimately, multiply that collateral by 15.
When users select the Turbocharge service, YouHodler uses the borrowed fiat from the first loan in the chain to purchase additional crypto to use as the collateral for more loans in the chain. The process can be repeated up to 15 times. Here are some notes about this feature:
- The minimum loan amount is $100 USD
- Users set a closing price, where YouHodler will sell the collateral to repay the loan
- Price Down Limits (PDL) is crucial. If the price of the coin drops, all turbo loans will be sold which results in the collateral liquidation
- Users won’t receive the borrowed funds. In order to get cash from a loan, users can utilize the classic crypto backed loans feature
- If the value of the currency increases, the user can exit their position, repay the loan, cover the fees, and make a profit in the best case scenario
- If the value of the currency decreases, the user could lose their collateral plus fees
- Turbocharge has a 1% close now fee
Multi HODL Vs. Turbocharge
Here are the four main differences between the two features:
- In Turbocharge, the user sets the collateral amount, number of loans in the chain and the profit price. In Multi HODL the user just selects an initial amount to multiply and selects one of the pre-defined risk / profit levels.
- In Turbocharge, the user has two options: to repurchase all additional collateral collected from the chain of loans or to use the price increase of this collateral to repay the loan debt. In Multi HODL, there is only one automated option: Pay using the price change of the collateral fund.
- Turbocharge has different loan plans, a customized number of loans in the chain (from 1 to 15), and loan profit management tools such as Set Close Price. These features give users much more flexibility compared to Multi HODL where users can only use the sliding mechanism to set potential risk / profit levels. For Multi HODL, it is possible to get 50 loans in the chain, which can provide the user with more leverage.
- Users can multiply crypto via Turbocharge only if they have that coin in their YouHodler wallet. Multi HODL lets the user multiplies any listed crypto, even if they don’t own it.
In my honest opinion, I don’t find these two risky investment strategies beneficial to an average user. YouHodler shouldn’t encourage its users to take these risks as they can have catastrophic consequences.
YouHodler Deposit & Withdrawal Fees
- Fiat Bank Wire (Min 100): 0 (Except USD SWIFT $25 USD, and GBP £20 GBP)
- Fiat Bank Card: 1% for AdvCash wallet, and 4.5% for Bank Card payment
- Crypto or Stablecoins (Min $5 USD): No Fee
|SWIFT Wire in USD||$70||1.5% or min $70|
|SWIFT Wire in EUR||€500||€55|
|SEPA bank wire in EUR||€50||€5|
|Bank Wire in GBP||£500||£55|
|Bank Wire in CHF||100 CHF||0.15% or min 15 CHF|
|Crypto||Variable||Variable by crypto|
All other fee schedules can be found under YouHodler Fees & Commissions.
How Does YouHodler Generate its High Crypto Savings Yield
It generates profits from the fees and interest loans charged to the users who use some of YouHodler’s other products such as the crypto lending features.
The company also offers loans to institutions. This institutions are either established and vetted financial institutions or reliable decentralized protocols that pay an interest rate.
There is no sign that the company is utilizing DeFi protocols to generate income.
Is YouHodler Safe, Secure, and Regulated
Yes, YouHodler is a regulated and registered crypto platform in Switzerland. Cyprus licensing is also in progress.
YouHodler benefits from the Ledger Vault’s pooled customized crime insurance which insures crypto assets for up to $150M. This insurance covers risks such as an employee or a 3rd party theft.
For security purposes, YouHodler restricts the use of hot wallets. In addition, it follows the highest regulatory and security standards. Here is a list of how the system protects its users information and assets.
- Personally identifiable information (PII) and other sensitive information are encrypted to secure them during transit and at rest
- Users can enable the 3FA feature to restrict fiat or crypto withdrawals
- Using Fireblocks to provide its users with next-generation private key security (MPC-CMP) and hardware isolation technology (SGX)
- Using multi-layer security, which eliminates a single point of failure and insulates digital asset transfers from cyberattacks, internal collusion, and human error
- Implementing Fireblocks’ multi-party computation to transfer cryptocurrencies
- Utilizing Elliptic and CipherTrace to protect the platform from criminal behaviors
- YouHodler domains are protected with DNSSEC to prevent certain cyber attacks
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is enforced on all its users
Does YouHodler Offer Insurance
YouHodler benefits from the Ledger Vault’s pooled crime insurance program with $150M insurance. The insurance covers different risks, including risks of employee theft caused by collusion and 3rd party theft of master seed in the event of a physical breach of hardware security.
Additionally with Ledger Vault, YouHodler:
- Mitigates the risk of a hack
- Reduces risk of human error
- Maintains its independent backup security system
Is YouHodler Customer Support Reliable
YouHodler customer support has been great while trying to solve most requests within 2 business days. There might be some withdrawal challenges for big amounts as YouHodler might request documentations proving the source of funds in accordance with its compliance and AML (Anti Money Laundry) regulations.
Is There a YouHodler Referral Program
YouHodler no longer has a referral program. However, it introduced an affiliate commission based program.
At the moment, it pays $20 for an opened Savings account and $130 for a classic Loan taken or opened Turbocharge or Multi HODL. More information can be found after signing up.
Does YouHodler Change Their Interest Rates Often
Interest rates are evaluated based on the market demand and earnings from the previous month. While the company aims to keep the interest rates stable, it is subject to change. Interest rates might be updated based on the prevailing market conditions.
Does YouHodler Offer Crypto Loans to Individuals
Yes, it offers loans to its users through Crypto Loans, Multi HODL, and Turbocharge features.
Can Users Join YouHodler Using a Corporate Account
No, only individual users can sign up for an account via sign up page here.
Does YouHodler Support Fiat Deposits or Withdrawals
Yes, the platform supports fiat deposits and withdrawals for USD, EUR, GBP, and CHF.
Does YouHodler Have a Mobile App
Yes. In addition to the web browser app, it offers both iOS and Android apps.
Is YouHodler Available In All Countries
No. YouHodler isn’t available in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, China, Cuba, Germany, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Pakistan, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, USA, US Minor Outlying Islands, US Virgin Islands, and Crimea.
Is YouHodler Available in the US? No, YouHodler isn’t available in the US or China. If you are a resident of one of the restricted countries, feel free to join Midas Investments.
Does YouHodler Offer an Educational Blog
Indeed. Anyone can access YouHodler Blog to stay updated with the latest product updates and how-to guides.
The blog offers every crypto enthusiastic the opportunity to learn more about the crypto ecosystem by offering industry insights and educational articles freely.
Does YouHodler Offer Promotions or Giveaways
In addition to the affiliate bonus, it occasionally offers different promotions or giveaways. These offers usually occur when there is a new achieved milestone.
Conclusions and My YouHodler Review Verdict
As demonstrated, YouHodler is a reliable crypto earning and lending platforms based in Europe with its HQ in Switzerland. It offers a very sleek and user friendly interface in both its web browser and mobile apps.
YouHodler’s main feature is its competitive crypto savings account to earn interest on Bitcoin, Ethereum, Stablecoins, and other cryptocurrencies. The other features such as Loans, Multi HODL, and Turbocharge come with extra risks and fees.
I never recommend using leverage when it comes to investing in the crypto world and the rule applies here despite the temptation of getting rich quick which rarely happens!
After studying and using YouHodler for a while, I personally feel comfortable holding up to $25K of my funds in YouHodler Savings account and I am sure you will feel the same after doing your due diligence and research.
If you found this review helpful and planning to join our YouHodler family, I appreciate signing up using my YouHodler referral link.